Please note the following guidelines regarding all classes:
1. We request that students carefully observe our dress code.
2. If you are more than 15 minutes late for class, it is up to the Instructor as to whether or not you can participate. If you have missed the warm-up, you could become injured. For your safety and to receive full benefit from your class, please arrange for a make-up class if you expect to be very late.
3. All students are encouraged not to leave the room once class has begun. Please allow for appropriate restroom use prior to class. Very young children will be treated sensitively as the need arises. Preschool children may need a parent’s attention from time to time for various reasons including bathroom or behavior issues.
4. Please do not leave the waiting room when very young children are in class without informing the office or having another parent responsible during your absence. We make every effort to have all children feel safe and cared for in a loving and inspiring learning environment.
5. School age children and teens: please practice respect. Students are not to be socializing in a disruptive manner during the class with other students. Please honor your teacher and fellow students by giving full attention and co-operation. You will be advised if we feel any student is not well adjusted to the classroomenvironment for any reason over time.
6. During class if a student complains of being ill, or sustains an injury and cannot participate, the instructor will send them to the front desk where the parents willbe notified if not on the premises.
7. Only students with a pre-existing sickness/injury are allowed to observe class. The parents must notify the office if a student is to observe class.
8. Out of town guests may request to visit at any time throughout the year. No one else is allowed to sit in and watch during regular class time.
9. Please only water or tightly covered drinks and dry Non-Peanut snacks in the waiting area.
10. No food or drinks of any kind are permitted in the dance rooms. You must keep all food and drinks in the lobby, including water.
11. No Street Shoes (especially High Heels) on the dance floor.
12. No one may be in a dance room unsupervised.
13. Gum chewing is not allowed due to danger of choking.
14. Jewelry must not be loose or dangling.
15. Hair must be properly secured and tied up off of the face and neck for all styles of dance.
16. Do not wear your dance shoes outside of the studio. The oil and dirt from parking lots will damage the dance floor.
17. Please check your tap shoes before each class for exposed screws.
18. Students must wait inside the building to be picked up.
19. No student is permitted to leave the building without an adult.
20. All students must use the restroom before they enter class.
21. Students must use the shelves their belongings, please do not set them on the benches.
22. Please do not block the entrances to the dance rooms.
23. Please do not interrupt the teacher while the class is in session. If you need to speak to the teacher, please do so before or after the class. If necessary, you may make an appointment.
24. Please try to keep the waiting area as quiet and clean as possible.
25. We are not responsible for unsupervised children!!!
26. There will be no hanging, playing, sitting, or climbing on the barres.
27. Do not touch the mirrors.
28. Cell phone use is not permitted during class.
29. No video cameras or cameras are allowed in class without advance permission from the studio.
Dance class is education and fun, however, an important part of class work is developing an attitude of discipline and respect for teachers and fellow students. We trust that following our classroom etiquette will provide an environment whereby classes at A Time To Dance will be a pleasure for all concerned.